[Shark Tank season 5 episode 11] Based on the advantage of technology, Shark Hung Anh won 2 deals
15 Aug, 2022 (GMT+7)Export To PDF
In episode 11, thanks to the advantage of technology and digital transformation, Shark Hung Anh successfully closed deals, embracing both 2 investment projects.
Startup A Chau English system needs support digital transformation from Sharks
The performance by young students of A Chau English System.
Opening episode 11 was the performance by young students of A Chau English System. After that, two representatives Nguyen Dinh Hai - Founder and Truong Kieu Oanh - Director & Co-Founder called investment 100,000 USD for 1% of shares.
Financial picture of startup in 2019 with sales of 116 billion dong, profit of 35 billion VND. In 2020, the pandemic affected, revenue reached 88 billion in turn, profit was 13 billion. Particularly in 2021, Startup was forced to switch online teaching method. In the last 3 months, it reached more than 35 billion, the profit is over 10 billion. If the situation is stable, the sales will reach about 130 billion, the profit is about 35 billion/year.
Startup shared that they wanted to raise capital to quickly recover after the pandemic, expanding 6 more branches in the suburbs and provinces. But the core purpose needs to support transforming digitally from Sharks.
Startup decided to choose a deal of 1 million dollars for 12% shares of Shark Hung Anh for reason: "Shark Hung Anh specializes in technology and startup need digital transformation in the future for further development. At the same time, startup also received a Golden Ticket 100 million VND) from Shark Hung Anh.
Shark Hung Anh successfully closed a deal with A Chau English system startup.
Shark Hung Anh decided to invest in a real estate technology startup
The second technology-related startup in this episode is Remaps (proptech platform) providing a real estate portal. Remaps currently has information on 17.5 million land plots in 21 provinces and cities across the country. Users can type by keywords to find land plots, view dimensions, planning, prices, navigate, share or post for sale or rent in just 30 seconds.
After 2 years of operation, Remaps has 1.2 million users, 110 thousand registered users. Remaps ranks 6th among Vietnamese real estate platforms according to Similar Web. Every day, Remaps serves from 8 to 10 thousand people.
Coming to the program, startup called for an investment of 1 million USD for 20% shares, including 60% of the capital is used for communication, the remaining 40% will be spent on improving product including speed, user experience and data augmentation.
Shark Hung Anh thinks startup's product is good and he recommends investing at least 10 billion VND for a maximum of 40% of shares. Shark Lien, Shark Hung, Shark Erik refused to invest. Shark Binh suggested that if Shark Hung Anh invites him, he can participate in supporting startup. After the negotiation, startup agreed to receive investment from Shark Hung Anh and the companion of Shark Binh.
Shark Hung Anh and Shark Binh invested in startup Remaps.
Follow Shark Le Hung Anh at: https://www.facebook.com/SharkLeHungAnh